How does Suplasyn work?
Suplasyn containing sodium hyaluronate can be used to treat tissue damage or traumatic change in joints caused by osteoarthritis.
Suplasyn replaces or substitutes lost synovial hyaluronic acid fluid between the joints to improve lubrication and mobility in patients, whilst reducing pain, so the joints are no longer rubbing against each other. Joints no longer feel stiff.
What’s in the box?
- 20mg/2ml sterile Hyaluronic acid
- 1 x 2.0ml pre-filled sterile syringe
What are the benefits of Suplasyn?
Suplasyn’s essential properties can be used to :
- Lubricate the synovial compartment
- Act as a shock absorbent where cartilage has worn down
- Help treat degeneration in mobility
- Reduce pain by stopping further tissue damage
- Improve and benefit physical mobility
How is treatment carried out?
Suplasyn is injected following administration of an anaesthetic to numb the joint from any pain. The patient usually sits comfortably or lies down. Treatment only lasts a few minutes.
What are the associated side effects with Suplasyn?
Side effects are usually mild and disappear after a few days. Redness and swelling are common reactions and can be combatted using an ice pack locally at the site of injection.